Ayurveda is a valuable medical and health science tradition given by our sages, whose attributes and utility are very difficult to describe in any article or words! This is the section of Atharva Veda. Ayurveda is considered as one of the oldest of the conventional systems of medicine acknowledged worldwide. The history of Ayurveda is thousands of years old. Even as on today, it is considered the best medicine. The early knowledge in this conventional method of medicine is still not fully exposed. Ayurveda is growing its popularity all over world due to its holistic and peaceful approach to health. Ayurveda Treatment is proven to provide an efficient preventive-curative individualistic approach that sedates deleterious lifestyle and welcomes a euphoric manner of living.
Ayurveda is an integral part of Atharv Veda, the sacred texts over 5000 years old and is the oldest health science holy book. It has detailed ayurvedic explanation of Medicine, Gynecology-Obstetrics, Pediatrics, ENT,Surgery, Toxicology, Psychology, Dermatology, Immunology & Preventive medicines etc. The short of knowldge of the divergence and connection between the academic doctrines of these systems is the major hurdle towards their convergence apart from the other impediments in the discovery of plant based medicines. This review aims to bring into limelight the age old history and the basic principles of Ayurveda.
The ancient Indian Medicine
What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda- Ayurveda is made up of two sanskrit words – Ayush (Age) + Vedas, which means – “Life science” – “Signs of Life”. In simple words Ayurveda’ means ‘Knowledge of life’. It is defined as the science, through which one can obtain knowledge about the useful and harmful ways of life, happy and miserable types of life, conditions that lead to the above types of life, as well as, the very nature of life.Ayurveda is not limited to the treatment of diseases, but also it Provides complete information about living and staying healthy. Ayurveda in a nutshell is
हिताहितं सुखं दुःखमायुस्तस्य हिताहितम्।
मानं च तने यत्रोक्तमायुर्वेदः स उच्यते। – (चरक संहिता 1/40) .
The medical science which deas with the interest of age (life friendly), harmful age ‘(unfavorable life), happiness age (healthy life), and misery (disease stage) is known as Ayurveda.
Definition and interpretation of Ayurveda
Ayurveda is the literature exists in the world, after studying which we can analyse our life style..
- आयुर्वेदयति बोधयति इति आयुर्वेदः।
The science which gives the knowledge of age (life), that is called ayurveda.
(2) Ayurveda is a science which tells the best path for a healthy person and a patient (patient).
(3) The science which details about Age section (age division in the Scriptures), Age information, Ayusutr, age insight, age signs (signs of life), age system (Anatomy physical actions) –gives complete information and broad themes that is Ayurveda
History of Ayurveda – History of Ayurveda
According to historians, the world’s oldest book is Rigveda. According to different scholars, its construction period dates from 3000 to 50 thousand years before Christ. In this book, the very important principles of Ayurveda are described in detail in detail. Many such topics have been mentioned about which today’s scientists have not been able to achieve any success.
This proves the ancientity and utility of Ayurveda Paddatti. Therefore, we can say that the origin of Ayurveda also happened around the creation of the universe!
Why is Ayurveda the best?
Ayurveda is the result of hard work, hard work and experience of thousands of years of our sages. Ayurveda is not only confined to the treatment of diseases, but provides the full information of living a healthy life and living a happy and healthy life! In fact, if we adopt the basic principles of Ayurveda in our daily routine, then the body will never be ill soon!
Benefits of Ayurveda
* Ayurvedic and herbal medicines ensures physical and mental health without side effects. The natural ingredients of herbs help bring ‘arogya'(health) to human body and mind.
* According to the original texts, the goal of Ayurveda is prevention as well as promotion of the body’s own capacity for maintenance and balance.
* Ayurvedic treatment is non-invasive and non-toxic, so it can be used safely as an alternative therapy or alongside conventional therapies.
* Ayurvedic physicians claim that their methods can also help stress-related, metabolic, and chronic conditions.
* Ayurveda has been used to treat acne, allergies, asthma, anxiety, arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome, colds, colitis, constipation, depression, diabetes, flu, heart disease, hypertension, immune problems, inflammation, insomnia, nervous disorders, obesity, skin problems, and ulcers.
Rishikesh School of Yoga and Naturopathy offers you the best combination of various yoga training with Ayurveda treatments in Rishikesh . We have specially designed our course for all kinds of yoga practitioners. We have a team of best Ayurveda doctors and teachers to give you with that you need right from affordable wellness retreats in india to best ayurvedic retreats in india. We will surely meet all your specific requirements by giving our best services at a very reasonable cost. The cost of this course is included in the accommodation charges.